Corporate & Commercial
We help our clients plan, negotiate and complete their transactions while they establish, manage, grow and sell their businesses.
Service Areas & Representative Work
- Structuring and establishing companies, joint ventures, partnerships and other business structures
- Acquiring and divesting businesses, including through share sales and asset sales
- Shareholder agreements
- Corporations Act advice and compliance
- Advising shareholders and directors on strategic matters and their legal duties and rights
- Corporate governance advice
- Commercial agreements relevant to specific industry needs, including licensing, distribution and agency agreements
- Commercialisation of intellectual property rights
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Trade practices law
Complimentary to our extensive intellectual property and entertainment practice, Simpsons has an agile and experienced commercial and corporate law team.
We assist clients, big and small, to structure and establish businesses, buy and sell businesses and assets, bring in investors and restructure their existing enterprise.
We have assisted many overseas clients to establish local subsidiaries and businesses in Australia, and to set up cross-border enterprises.
We also advise on key personnel hires and departures.
We provide transactional advice on acquiring, or contracting to provide, services and specialised technology or media-related products, negotiating and managing licences, and compliance.