Simpsons is one of Australia’s most highly regarded Entertainment, Arts and Intellectual Property law firms, located in offices at Walsh Bay, Sydney. A position is available for an administrative assistant supporting the firm’s Film &TV Group of 6 lawyers.
We seek an enthusiastic and self-directed individual to provide support in the areas of data management, invoicing, and general office administration. The ideal person for this role will enjoy working autonomously and will have good verbal and written communication skills.
The successful applicant must have strong IT competency with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange and Google Docs Editors (particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets) with the ability to learn to operate other platforms. They must demonstrate a high attention to detail, be organized, professional and well-presented, and exercise sound judgment in balancing competing priorities and workflows. They will be able to work to tight deadlines and handle a wide range of tasks and confidential matters with discretion and integrity.
This is a full-time position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing a volume of email for the group on a daily basis. This includes setting up online filing systems, categorising, filing and logging correspondence across a range of matters on complex transactions
- Preparing and issuing invoices monthly, including meeting the requirements of client billing platforms such as Legal Tracker and Collaborati
- Providing secretarial and general administrative support, including drafting and editing legal correspondence and documentation
- Meeting and conference bookings together with organisation of travel arrangements
- Registering new clients and matters, conflict checks
- Maintenance of precedents: conversion, formatting, cross referencing and indexing
- Providing back-up assistance to the firm’s Admin team
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to Dimple Malhotra: firstname.lastname@example.org.